Hoola ! I am so so in loved with simple home-cooked meals of one plate and one pot dishes recently that I have been doing it almost on an everyday basis !! Because the time after work is already so limited for cooking much say the cleaning up aftermath, such one dishes meal certainly take off from me pretty well. And because the cleaning up thereafter is such a breeze, I can also spend more time on being a couch potato and indulging in my dramas after the meal ! LOL.
Well, most of us I supposed are just so brain dead after work. Hence, the best luxury we could afford is to be a “Garfield” and couch as long as we could !!
I usually stocked up quite a fair bit of salmon slabs as it’s the best and easiest dish that anyone can beef up anytime. A simple dash of sea salt and freshly grind black pepper is all good to send it for cooking and be prep for a neat and nice salmon dish henceforth. But every time grilled, steamed or baked salmon also can be a bit sian, isn’t it ? Especially salmon is only one dish by itself, and we would still need to prepare for some other side dishes to complement it.
So by working along that line, I had this Salmon cubes with Tofu and Shimeij mushrooms, a simple stir fried that combines the fish, tofu, mushrooms and some greens all in one dish ! And serving it with a plain congee is all good enough to get it going. No other side dishes required to be prepared as you can find everything deliciously combined all in this one plate dish !
Enjoy !! And hope everyone has an awesome week ahead !! 加油 !!
Salmon Cubes with Tofu & Shimeiji Mushrooms 三文鱼炒鸿喜菇与豆腐
Recipe type: Main
- 150g salmon, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp cooking oil + extra for pan frying tofu
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 60g shimeiji mushrooms
- 3 stalks spring onions, cut into sections
- 30g tofu, cut into cubes
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of freshly grind black pepper
- ¾ tbsp oyster sauce
- ¾ tbsp light soya sauce
- ¾ tbsp cooking wine
- ¾ tbsp mirin
- dash of pepper
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp corn flour + 1 tbsp water, for thickening
- Marinade the salmon with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Heat up the cooking oil for pan frying the tofu cubes until golden brown. Dish and drain.
- With 1 tbsp of cooking oil left in the wok, add minced garlic, shimeiji mushrooms and the white parts of spring onion.
- Saute till mushrooms are softened, add in the salmon cubes and pan fried slightly. Add the water and seasonings and allow it to simmer for approx. 10 mins.
- Add the thickening mixture, tofu and green parts of the spring onion.
- Mix briefly and remove from heat. Garnish as desired and serve hot immediately with rice or congee.